Sunday, August 23, 2009

Do I dare to eat a peach?



Well, no. Not today.

Found something more adventurous!

Thank you, once again, to Tyler Florence.

Tyler was a guest at Fountain a couple of years ago for a signing and, to be honest, I was skeptical. How much could this pretty boy tv presenter know about food?

The Answer? Everything.

To this day, his cookbooks are my go to guides for meals that never disappoint.
I've even trusted his cookbooks for recipes that I've tried on first dates without testing them first. (I think the test I need to come up with is who I go out with on dates...)

None of these romantic efforts have worked out in the long run, but it wasn't the food (which actually made a couple of candidates difficult to ditch).

Tonight's dish was The Ultimate Ratatouille. Try it out.

Another favorite for when you're just feeling like gaining a little weight (and we all want that, don't we?) is Baked Rigatoni with Eggplant and Sausage. You can diet tomorrow. Really treat yourself and get your homemade sausage from Belmont Butchery if you live in Richmond.

If you missed it awhile ago, Tanya was featured in Bon Apetit as one of the premier maverick butchers in America. I think I bought my weight in cured meats there yesterday. Thankfully, there is red wine to combat the cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment